Learn more about the process of buying a gift, Gift Aid, and how we can help with group donations.
Do you get an actual gift?
When you buy a virtual gift from Christian Aid Charity Gifts, you or your lucky recipient(s) don’t get an actual goat or a pair of chickens (although we know it would be pretty cool if you did).
What you do get for each gift is a physical card. Each card explains a bit more about the gift, and tells a story about someone – a real person – who benefited from a similar contribution.
How does buying a gift work?
- Choose and buy gift(s) for your loved one(s).
- Your money acts as a donation; it goes into a fund for each area of Christian Aid’s work. So if you buy the gift of a goat, your money goes into our Agriculture & Livestock fund, and so on.
- Every gift is represented by a card. You can write a personal message inside it. Then you can arrange to either have it sent to you, or to whoever you’ve bought the gift for.
- The gift delights them and everybody feels good.
- Our local partner uses the money you’ve donated to work on a particular programme or project – like supplying goats to families in Ethiopia.
Where does Gift Aid fit in?
Because your purchase of a virtual gift is actually a donation, you can opt in for Gift Aid (if you're a UK taxpayer). There’s no VAT due.
What about group donations?
We can help out with group donation gifts and send you a printed certificate, but we’re not able to do it online right now.
Please call our Supporter Care team on 0333 555 2025.